The Mohican Farmhouse
Luxury Farm Vacations at Mohican State Park
Located in the beautiful rolling hills of north central Ohio on the edge of the Mohican State Park is the Mohican Farmhouse. With over a hundred years of history, the Farmhouse is a collision of past and present. Explore the natural beauty of the Mohican State park, hike, fish, canoe, horseback rides, zip-lines, bike trails, winter ski resorts, and the shops and restaurants of amish country. And there is no better way to enjoy it than to stay in a beautiful restored farmhouse overlooking a private pond that offers catch and release fishing without a license. Cozy enough for a couple, yet plenty of room to bring the whole family! Huge leather sofa sectional overlooking a gas fireplace and 50"TV, game room with round barrel table for playing cards while watching the big game, dining room seats 8 at rustic table made from barnwood, large fully equipped kitchen and a bonus cottage with queen bed, sleeper sofa and tv. Grill, fire pit, covered wrap-around porch, screened in porch and deck offer lots of outdoor fun. Linens and Towels are supplied!
Kelly K. on December 20th, 2019:
"Great Time in Perrysville, OH
The house was just as advertised and we so enjoyed the old fashioned feel of the place. The animals were great and my Grand Daughter enjoyed them so much. Would love to come back in the summer when we could enjoy the beautiful pond. Thanks for a very relaxing vacation."
Elizabeth L. on September 6th, 2019:
All eleven of us had such an awesome time. We’ll all have endearing memories. The animals, the well stocked home, the surroundings...just blissful. My Grandbabes already told us they’d like to come back next year.
Your animals are so fun. Loved the spirited Spirit. She was adorable to me. The goats...who I named Larry, Curly and Moe were a hoot. The Llamas...ha! The all brown one is Marge in charge. She had a personality. The cats were darling, my fave being the gray and white one, we ended up naming him/her Pablo for some reason. She seemed like the underdog because the other cats seemed to take advantage...so I would spoil Pablo giving her more cuddles and food. ☺️
My daughter loved the cottage, she and her husband have a baby just 5 months old and it worked out well.
The fish! I caught in the 4 days we were there...probably 6 in the possibly 2 hours total I spent on fishing...and using a rubber worm instead of nightcrawlers. Impressed. The size bass was also very nice. I think total...with the rest of the fishermen with me we probably caught close to 20!
Anyway, I could go on and on but just wanted to say thank you and show some appreciation...as your place is special and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Thank you Shane...and family!
- 4 acres of privacy. Picnic tables and chairs for outdoor living. Plenty of yard to run and play.
- House sleeps up to 10 guests (base rate for 4 guests)
- 4pm Check-in, 11am check-out
- All linens and towels included
- Free wifi!
- Large fire pit (optional wood available for purchase)
- 2 park-style charcoal grills
- Friendly farm animals including miniature goats, llamas, a miniature horse, chickens and more.
- Fishing pond stocked with bass, bluegill, and crappie. Pedal boat included at no charge.
- Huge wrap-around covered porch and separate screened porch with great views of Animal Pastures and Mohican Forest.
- Separate one-room cottage with queen bed and sleeper sofa that sleeps up to an additional 4 guests.
- Borders Mohican Memorial Forest with Trails along the edge of the property that runs throughout Mohican State Park!
- Minutes from Mohican State Park, Pleasant Lake, Malabar Farm and the Prairie Peddler Festival
- Close to Snow Trails and Clear Fork Ski Resorts
- A short drive to Mid-Ohio Speedway, Amish Country, The College of Wooster, Kenyon College and the Mount Vernon Nazarene University